Tuesday, January 31, 2012

There's No Perfect Life.


In our life, there will always be one or two areas that will need fixing up now and then. There will always be an area with a certain percentage of lack. There will always be an area with a flaw. Because there's no perfect life.

Today, I just want to lift up my gratitude to God - because the area of my life that is experiencing lack is an area that I can easily manage. Looking at my life right now, I realize that there's really just one area here that needs fixing up every now and then: the financial area.

This comes to mind because today is that time of the month again, with expenses piling up and with barely enough to get me through until the next payday. In the past, I used to feel bad about a lot of things every time problems like this would crop up - I'd feel bad about the big responsibility that is placed on my shoulder and the seeming unfairness of it all. I would feel bad about the feeling that I'm carrying the burden by myself without anybody to share it with.

Today, though, I just want to be thankful that this is the only area of my life that is flawed, the only area in which there is lack. I am thankful that the other, more important areas of my life are blessed, if not perfect.

So yes, there is no perfect life. But, I believe that the kind of imperfect life that God gives us is exactly the one that will mold us into the individual that God has always planned us to become right from the start. So, yes, thank You, Lord, for my imperfect life.

No comments: