Monday, January 9, 2012

We Gotta Take That One Step That Will Start The Miracles We've All Been Waiting To Happen.


Fear is a crippling emotion. It keeps us from doing what we need to do. It paralyzes us and narrows our vision. It blocks out all possibilities and imprisons us in a world of negativity. Fear can keep us from reaching our dreams.

For many years I was battling with fear. For many years, I allowed fear to take over when it comes to reaching my biggest dream, a dream that bloomed when I was still in my university days. A dream whose fire continued to burn even after many years of distraction and straying.

For the past years, every time the year begins, I would include that dream in my list of things to accomplish for the year. But, as the date would near, I would be fearful and would be filled with all sorts of doubt and hesitations - feeling that I'm not ready, that I still have a lot to learn, that I might not succeed. And then I would come up with a perfect excuse to postpone the plan and to put the dream back to sleep. Until four years later, I have not done anything yet.

Today is the fourth year, and I intend to do something this time. They say we must run towards our fear, and that's just what I intend to do. I'll run towards my fear! The appointed date is not  yet too soon, but a while ago I took the first step. It was a simple call, a simple inquiry, but after I did it I felt great. I felt that today is the beginning of many great things yet to come.

For many of us, all we need is that first irreversible step to make all our dreams come true. I did it! And I claim victory in God's name! My dream will be fulfilled!

No comments: