Sunday, January 8, 2012

We Need Courage To Make Things Happen.


Some fears and negative emotions are hard to let go, and our preconceived notion of people can be difficult to change. But, if we allow our fears and hesitations to reign, we'll end up paralyzed in our spot.

I mentioned in one of my previous posts that I've resolved to love more this year, but I've discovered that loving comes with many other requirements. It requires opening up more, reaching out more, getting out of our comfort zone, and many other similar things. Because loving isn't only about feeling. More important than ever, it's about taking action.

I've always had a struggle with some of the requirements I mentioned above because of  emotions like fear and doubt, and I found out that having the will and conviction to love more isn't always enough to really succeed. Added to these, I also need to muster a lot of courage and boldness, and to think less of myself, if I am to really love more.

Opening up and reaching out takes boldness, dealing with people takes courage, and preparing to deal with new things takes braveness. These are a must in all endeavors, and they're especially important if we are to love more.

I know I still have a lot to learn when it comes to this. And I still need a lot of courage to overcome many of my fears. With courage, I can make things happen.

No comments: