Friday, January 27, 2012

The People Who Are Important To Us Will Always Affect Us.


Funny, the title of this post is supposed to be "We Choose The People Who Affect Us." 

It's supposed to be an attempt at reprimanding myself for allowing someone's actions to affect me and determine my mood. It's supposed to be a piece that would convince me to see things more rationally and to maintain some form of control over my emotions.

But yeah, it was a failed venture. I couldn't find the right phrases and words to say. I couldn't find a convincing enough point to prove what I wanted to prove.

And when I looked more closely into the matter, it all came down to this: we really don't have total control when it comes to choosing the people who will affect us. To a certain point, maybe we have, but there will always be a certain area in there that we can't control.

It's mind over matter, yes?

Yes. But, although it's possible for our mind to rule over a big portion of our heart (because this is an issue of the heart, right?), there will always be a small part there that will remain untouched. That small portion there will always be guarded against the mind, refusing to hear reason, always free to feel - no matter how irrational the feelings, no matter how wrong the emotions, or how confusing the results.

It's that small portion that robs us of our ability to have control over the people that we will allow (and not allow) to affect us. That portion of our heart has reason of its own, one that we may not understand at all times, and certainly one that we cannot question.

No comments: