Tuesday, January 3, 2012

People are Imperfect... But We Must Love Them Anyway.


People can fail us. They can hurt us. They can do bad things to us. Because they are imperfect. But, love can forgive and accept all these. In this world, love is the only perfect thing that can conquer all imperfections.

Many of the complexities in my life spring from instances when people do not meet my expectations... when people fail me in certain ways.

And today, I realize that the real reason behind these complexities is the insufficiency of the love that I give to people. In many circumstances, I love with condition. I love only the good. I love only the beautiful. I love only those that favor me. Conflicts, disappointments, and chaos occur when the bad, the imperfections, and the ugly surface, because I do not love them - my love is conditional.

If I will only have the will to love even those that are not perfect, then the ugly and the bad won't matter - because true love conquers everything.

I thank God for giving me the grace of this realization, and showing me the peace and joy associated with putting this into practice. May I always have the will to love at all times, no matter what. And may I always remember and apply this to myself as well - realizing that I am also imperfect, but that I should love myself anyway.

No comments: