Monday, January 2, 2012

Nothing Can Be More Important Than Relationships.


With all the things going on around me right now, it's so easy to get distracted and to lose focus. I often get confused because of the many things that take my attention and eat up my time - my work, the need to excel, and the desire for more material things. Because of all these, I usually find myself in the middle of chaos and confusion, losing direction and feeling like I'm not accomplishing anything that's worthy.

And now, now that I have distanced myself from my daily schedule and routine... now that I have broken free from the predictable day-to-day living that I've come to follow, albeit for just a while... now that I have enough time to spare to pause and look at the many things going on around me and the many experiences that I have encountered in the past year, I realize that the memories that remain are memories of people, memories of moments that I shared with those who are important to me.

And yes, I am reminded that people are always more important than things. That relationships are always to be prioritized. Because at the end of the day, more than the amount of things that I've accomplished and accumulated, what matter more are the number of people that I have blessed.

I will always be grateful for the relationship that I have with God, with my family, my friends, my officemates, and all the people around me, imperfect as these relationships may be. And, I shall do my best to cherish, nurture, and prioritize these relationships.

No comments: