Saturday, January 28, 2012

It's Okay To Be Weak.


It's okay to let go. 
It's okay to admit that we can't do it alone every time. 
It's okay to depend on others once in a while. 
It's okay to allow others to take care of us now and then.

I used to have a hard time dealing with this, because I'm really not comfortable asking for help. I'm not good at asking for favors. I don't want to bother people, and I don't want to cause inconvenience to anybody. I also hate the feeling of being indebted to people... Yes, I'm not good at receiving. I have no problem giving, but I have a hard time receiving. I still need a lot of practice to be a graceful receiver.

I have to admit, though, that it can be hard. Not only because of the fact that I really can't do everything on my own, but also because I seem to send out a message to people that I don't need them in my life - I can take care of myself, thank you very much. I've experienced this many times in the past, that I seem to intimidate people and close the door to them, and so they just walk away.

This comes to mind now because right now, I'm actually in a situation in which I need help. I've been physically sick since yesterday, not sure what the problem is but I don't feel well. And yeah, ordinary days, I would simply ignore this, not tell anybody that I'm sick and that I probably need their help.

This time, though, I've allowed myself to let go for a while and to allow others to take care of me. And yeah, it feels good. It was a blessing. And I'm greatly thankful to my friend who looked after me and comforted me at the office while I was sick, and to my housemates who are continuously taking care of me now.

Thank you, Lord, for sending angels my way.

P.S.

I realize now, that by allowing myself to depend on others, I also give others the chance to help. I do not only do something good for myself, but I also do something good for them. I'm not only helping myself; I'm also helping them.

THANK YOU! :)

No comments: