Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Our Words Have An Unimaginable Power.


During the past two days, I've been reading a lot about the power of words, how they can bless or curse our lives. I believe in this, although I have not had any remarkable and concrete experience proving that fact, until today...

This day bears witness to the power of words. This morning, I started sick and not feeling well, with an upset stomach, and I have not actually eaten anything since breakfast save for a few sips of water. I was even thinking of going home sometime in the middle of the day to take some rest, but I had so much to do.

Every time I would feel painful cramps in my stomach, I would utter a prayer of affirmation, telling myself that I will be healed, that my stomach won't be upset anymore, and that I will get through the day. I don't know how many times I said that, and every time I would I'd feel better.

Fast forward a few hours, I'm still doing fine. It's two hours before I leave for home, and I'm surviving. And, I have not eaten anything yet - I still feel okay, though. I've won with words!

Words have power, indeed. We only need to use them to our advantage.

No comments: