Sunday, February 26, 2012

I'll Say "I Love You" Only When I Mean It.


I'm not gonna say it simply for the sake of the words. Not simply because I feel happy about the moment. Not simply because someone tells me he loves me and I feel compelled to say "I love you, too". Or not simply because the perfect opportunity to say it has come up.

No.

I've said "I love you" many times in the past, and I've heard the words many times as well. But, how many of the words I've uttered have I actually meant? And how many of those I heard were really meant the way they should mean? I don't know.

And I can't do anything about words that have already been uttered, now lost in the sea of memory and time. But, I can do something about words that I've yet to say.

And this time, I want "I love you" to mean something when I say it. I may say it just once, or only a few times, but if it's for real it would be more than enough. It would be much more meaningful than all of the I love yous uttered in the world.

No comments: