Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Hello, Long Weekend! (Holy Week Celebration)

Tomorrow is the last working day before the long weekend in celebration of the Holy Week 2013. And, tomorrow after work, I'll be off to Bicol to spend the holidays with my family. It will only be a four-day vacation, but I'm excited because this will be the first time I'll go home to Bicol this year (after my Christmas-New Year vacation).

I only went home thrice last year, and that's the average number during the past years. At the beginning of this year, one of the goals I'd written down was to go home more frequently this year (at least five times, with this schedule as the first one). I'm just so happy I'm able to stick to it despite some irregularities and hurdles. And right now, I'm just so excited to go home and see my family, especially my grandparents.

I won't be having a lot of 'gala' this Holy Week; I want to observe a quiet Holy Week at home. I'll just stay in Pandan most of the time and celebrate Lolo's birthday on the 29th, go out only once to see my family in Albay on the 30th (and also celebrate Papa's birthday), go to church (must not forget this), get my return ticket (I hope I won't have a hard time finding a reservation, with all the vacationers returning home after the Holy Week), and visit at least one place (I'm not yet sure which place, let's see).

For some ideas on things to do in Albay this Holy Week, I created a post last week - here. Not sure which of them I'll have the chance to do this Holy Week, maybe the Kawa Kawa trip, though I'm not yet sure. I feel like I have only a short time, and I want to spend most of it at home with my family. I'll post updates when I return.

Happy long weekend, everybody! Have a meaningful Holy Week celebration!

No comments: