Friday, April 5, 2013

Holy Week in Bicol: Family Time

Back to the city, back to work.

And the supposedly four days of my Bicol vacation was extended to five days - there were no more bus tickets available during the day of my planned trip back here in Manila, so I had to leave the following day, which isn't a bad thing, by the way, because I was able to spend a longer time with my family.

Anyway, some of the things I planned I was able to do, but not all of them. I was not able to join any Holy Week activity; wasn't even able to visit a new place. I went out only once to see my sister in Legazpi, visit my family in Albay, and buy some stuff for our planned gathering.

Most of my vacation was spent in Pandan with my grandparents and my family during our get together to celebrate the birthday of many family members - Lolo, Papa, Mama, and two of my brothers (all March celebrants). My sister, who has been staying in a police camp since last year, was able to go out for the Easter, although for only 24 hours. That gathering was one of the few instances we're able to get together completely as a family (three families, actually).

Now that I'm away from them, it's things like this that I frequently miss. But anyway, I'll be back next month for the election. Until next time, Bicol! :)

No comments: