Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Slow Down.


I've just moved to a new apartment, and my internet connection has been unstable since then. I'd be online for a few minutes, then the connection would be disrupted and I'd spend the next few minutes trying to reconnect - sometimes I'd be successful, other times I'd simply give up out of frustration.

After the frustration, though, when I finally accepted that it would probably be that way for the next coming days, I realized that the situation wasn't so bad at all. I found extra time in my hands, and I was able to use that time to do the things I've long postponed doing. It's been a while since I last read a book. It's been a while since I last did some serious organizing and long-term planning. And it's been a while since I last wrote on my journal. Those things I'd not done in the past few weeks or months, I finally have time to do again.

I'm not yet sure what to do with my internet connection - whether to have it fixed or finally have it terminated. One thing, though... I'd discipline myself to free up some time for more important things this time around.

No comments: